The Church, Community and Family Team at EBM is committed to working with and within the community to develop a network of support for those living in inner East Belfast. Our aim is to ensure that people of all ages in East Belfast have access to needed support and services.
• Homework Club – meets on a Monday, Tuesday and Thursday afternoon for primary children P4 – P6. Volunteers are required to assist children with their homework followed by fun activities such as arts and craft, games and occasional outings. This opportunity is suited to those who have previous experience working with young people. Volunteers in this area are required to have an enhanced AccessNI check.
• “Overs Group” - This group meets on a Thursday over lunch. Volunteers are required for help with cooking and serving meals. Conversation and befriending.
• Kidzgap – Mums and tots. This meets on Wednesday mornings 10-12 noon. Volunteers are required to help with snacks, crafts, storytelling, music and supervision.
• Care Community Counselling – need to have relevant qualification or be working towards one.
• EBM Church – Volunteers are required to drive for Sunday Services or other mid-week events. Sunday School teachers (must have a Christian Faith)
• Befriending – visiting an older person on a regular basis
• Friday Fusion – meets on a Friday evening – Supervision and programme planning for Primary School Children at Youth Club.